ATTORNEY ADVERTISING NOTICE/DISCLAIMER
This website contains Attorney Advertising. Blog articles may be considered attorney advertisement. Any article or commentary posted on this website does not constitute legal advice nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Any prior results described on this website or elsewhere, do not guarantee a similar outcome. [New York Professional Responsibility Disclosure]
Sotto Legal, LLC (“firm”, “us” or “we”) website provides information about the qualifications and experience of the firm and its team of legal professionals. Information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice on any subject matter.
Nicole Sotto, Esq. is an attorney licensed to practice in New York and New Jersey. You understand we shall not express opinions as to the laws of any other state or jurisdiction other than the states and provinces listed above and the federal laws of the United States of America.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding attorney advertising rules or this notice.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last modified April 20, 2018.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY
1. Site Content and No Attorney/Client Relationship. Sotto Legal, LLC exclusively owns and controls the Sites, which provides information about my attorney services and may, from time to time, provide access to educational materials pertaining to a variety of legal issues generally affecting businesses. You agree that use or access to any or all of the Sites does not, standing alone, create an attorney-client relationship with Sotto Legal, LLC.
You agree that content provided via the Sites is generalized knowledge about legal concepts and not specific legal advice. You agree that you should seek the specific advice of counsel regarding any specific legal matter that you may encounter in the operation of your business or otherwise.
Furthermore, no one using this website, or any content thereof, should act or refrain from acting based on any information contained on this website without first consulting appropriate legal or other professional counsel on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a professional, licensed in the relevant jurisdiction. The firm expressly disclaims any and all liability with respect to actions taken, or not taken, based on any content of this website, social media postings, or Sotto Legal, LLC media appearances of any kind.
The contact information contained on this website is not provided as a means for prospective clients to submit information to us. We collect personally identifiable information about you only if you choose to provide it to us by requesting information. This personally identifiable information may include, for example, your name, address, telephone number, and email address, as well as specific information relevant to the information you request. We request that you do not disclose any private, time-sensitive or confidential information to us via email, telephone, or this website. Sotto Legal LLC cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet. The communication of any electronic or telephonic inquiry does not, by itself, create an attorney-client relationship or contractually obligate the firm to represent you, regardless of the content of such inquiry. In other words, contacting the firm does not mean that we are acting as your attorney or that we have agreed to represent you, or advise you, in any capacity. Do not send us any confidential or proprietary information unless, or until, a formal attorney-client relationship has been established. Before we can represent you, or render any legal advice, we must mutually agree to such representation by entering into a written contract (also known as an engagement letter or retainer agreement). Such agreement explains the cost of representation and the scope of any legal work that we may perform for you.
2. Attorney Advertising. This site may constitute attorney advertising. The practice summaries and individual attorney biography(ies) on this website may describe results obtained in matters handled for Sotto Legal, LLC clients. These descriptions are meant only to provide information about the activities and experience of our attorneys. They are not intended to guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by our attorneys; and you should not assume that a similar result can be obtained in a legal matter of interest to you. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors—including the specific factual and legal circumstances, the ability of opposing counsel, and often, unexpected developments beyond the control of any client or attorney.
3. No Legal Advice Intended. This website includes information about legal issues and legal developments. Such materials are for informational purposes only and may not reflect the most current legal developments. These informational materials are not intended, and should not be taken, as legal advice on any particular set of facts or circumstances. You should contact an attorney for advice on specific legal problems.
In addition, use of the website is not intended to constitute, and does not constitute, a solicitation for the formation of an attorney-client relationship. No Attorney-client relationship is created through your use of the website or blog. Neither receipt of information presented in person, nor any mail, email or electronic communication sent through this website will create an attorney-client relationship. Nor will any such email or communication will be treated as confidential.
4. Intellectual Property. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, as between you and Sotto Legal, LLC, Sotto Legal, LLC owns all right, title, and interest in and to the Sites, including, without limitation, site content, organization, graphics, design, compilation and other matters related to or included on the Sites. My name, Sotto Legal, LLC, Sotto Legal, Nicole Sotto and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are my trademarks and you must not use these marks without our prior written permission. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Sites are the trademarks of their respective owners and should not be used without those respective owners’ permission.
5. Third Party Rights. Content and materials posted to the Site may be the copyrighted content of others (“Third-Party Content”) that is used by Sotto Legal, LLC either by permission or under Section 107 of the Copyright Act as “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research. I respect the intellectual property of others and ask that you to do the same. Users must obtain permission from the owners of any Third-Party Content before copying, distributing or otherwise using those materials. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication, or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of the copyright owner.
If you believe that your work has been copied on one or more of the Sites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or otherwise violates your intellectual property rights, please contact me via mail or email (email@example.com) at the contact information listed below and provide me with the following: (i) identification of what is claimed to have been infringed; (ii) identification of what is claimed to be infringing; (iii) your contact information (or the contact information of the person we need to contact about the infringement); (iv) a statement that the person submitting the complaint is doing so with a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law; (v) a statement that the information provided is accurate, and under penalty of perjury; (vi) a physical or electronic signature of the person submitting the complaint; and (vii) if that person is not the owner of the content at issue, a statement that the person submitting the complaint is authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
6. Linking to Sites. Anyone linking to the Sites must comply with all applicable laws and should not: (i) misrepresent its relationship with Sotto Legal, LLC; (ii) present false or misleading information about Sotto Legal, LLC; or (iii) contain content that is reasonably considered profane, defamatory, vulgar, offensive, or unlawful.
7. Advertisements and Links. We may include advertisements on the Sites. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Sites are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by advertisers, including information providers, or any other end users are those of the respective author(s) and not ours.
Furthermore, this website may link to websites maintained by third-parties and outside organizations, including our clients. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Sotto Legal, LLC of the contents on such third-party sites and is not responsible for, any third-party content that may be accessed through this website. I expressly disclaim any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites.
8. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. THE SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. SOTTO LEGAL, LLC, TOGETHER WITH ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. THE RELEASED PARTIES DO NOT GUARANTEE THE RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, SAFETY, TIMELINESS, LEGALITY, USEFULNESS, ADEQUACY OR SUITABILITY OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT ON THE SITES. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AGREE TO EXERCISE CAUTION, DISCRETION AND COMMON SENSE WHEN USING THE SITES. THE ENTIRE RISK FOR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES IS BORNE BY YOU.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SITES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK DISRUPTIONS, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER PERSONAL OR COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THE POSTINGS OR ANY MATERIAL LINKED THROUGH THE SITES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITES IS TO CEASE USING THE SITES.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties and/or limitations of liability, so a portion of the foregoing may not apply to you. In such a case, any such disclaimer or limitation of liability is limited to the minimum extent permissible under applicable law.
9. Choice of Law and Venue. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to any conflict of laws principle. For any dispute regarding these Terms or the Sites, you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in New York, New York, United States of America.
10. Your Comments and Concerns. This website is operated by Sotto Legal, LLC, located at 311 W 43rd St., 12th Floor, New York, NY 10036. All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Sites should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Changes to These Terms and Conditions. wwww.sottolegal.com reserves the right to change, modify or update this policy at any time without notice. Any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information will be posted on this site. This policy was last updated on April 20, 2018.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for SOTTO LEGAL, LLC (www.sottolegal.com).
This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data;
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
1. Information Collection, Use, and Sharing. www.sottolegal.com is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request e.g. to respond to the inquiries you may have or email you our firm’s newsletter(s).
2. Your Access to and Control Over Information. You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any;
- Change/correct any data we have about you;
- Have us delete any data we have about you; and
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
3. Security. We strive to protect the personal information you provide to us via this website. Nevertheless, we encourage, and you do have an obligation, to also protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use both numbers and letters.
4. Cookies. We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in with a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
5. Protection of Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, www.sottolegal.com and this website prohibits solicitation of information from children under 13. In addition, we never collect or maintain information at our web site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our web site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
6. Links. Links are provided for your convenience only. www.sottolegal.com is not implicitly or explicitly responsible for the content of website(s) referred. Neither do we endorse, recommend or approve any and/or all of the contents on these third-party site(s). Similarly, we take no responsibility for contents of websites of others that link to our site. In cases where this web site has links to other web sites, visitors exercising those links must turn to those linked sites to determine what, if any, privacy policies prevail at the linked sites.
We do not share your personal information with these third-party sites and neither are we responsible for their privacy practices.
7. Distribution of Information. We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
8. Commitment to Data Security. Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.